The little one's name will be Sam. He already has awesome taste in music - his favorite band is The Beatles, just like his mommy! We have decorated his room using the John Lennon Music Parade collection and have some various Beatles-themed decorations on the wall (Abbey Road and Penny Lane signs from our trip to London/Liverpool last year!). Early on in the decorating, though, I had no idea what to put above his crib. I had seen so many people put the baby's name over the crib, but I didn't want to do that. I decided to make some art that had lyrics to a Beatles song. After a trip to Michael's to pick up some scrapbook paper, I got to work using my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot 2 software to create lettering for this:

Awesome, huh?? Do you think he'll notice that I put the "do not cry" on it's own line?? Nothing wrong with a little subliminal message! The letters were cut with the Cricut and I drew/cut the rest of the shapes. All of the animals are similar to the animals that are on the bedding (by the way - the bedding was created using drawings that John Lennon made for one of his sons...I know...bad Beatles fan can't remember!). After having Chris paint the canvas, I used Mod Podge to attach all of the paper pieces to the canvas. Then, Chris sprayed it with a shellac spray sealer and it was all set!
I also made this using the same technique:
This is hanging on Sam's door. I used the Cricut to cut out the letters, the orange part of the giraffe, and the leaves for the tree. Super easy and super cheap - I was able to get the canvases at Michael's during one of their 40% off sales (and used my teacher discount, too!! yippee!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment